January 5, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy 2011!

Is it just me or does it feel like Christmas day was a month ago?  Spending Christmas with two toddlers was fun, joy-filled and made me feel so thankful for such a wonderful family.  Although they were both terrified of sitting on Santa’s lap they had no problem with the toys and gifts he left quickly figuring out that beneath that colorful wrapping paper was something fun for them. They both play well together and it is really fun to watch the cousins get along – even if it sometimes leaves some bumps and bruises!



My friend Janet made awesome aprons for everyone!
My grand-kitties! 

I fulfilled two of my long time wishes during the week between the holidays – I left the day after Christmas for a warm weather vacation and rode a bike down one of my favorite locations – the tree tunnel in Kauai. Riding in Hawaii has always been a fantasy of mine and leaving the day after Christmas, well it just doesn’t get much better than that!

My friend from childhood or rather, teenager-hood, invited me to spend the week with her and her husband at their home in Kauai.  They have a magnificent house in Poipu and they throw one hell of a New Year’s Eve party! Live band, dancing, drink, amazing food, fireworks and fire dancers, the evening could not have been more fun and the weather was warm and clear. If this is any indication of how 2011 is going to go, I’m in for an outstanding year!




1 comment:

Site Manager