November 26, 2010

What I'm Thankful For . . .

It's an exercise I try do more often than just on Thanksgiving Day- to celebrate all the abundance I have - the little and large - the obvious and obscure - the sheer luck of being born in the United States . . . to say I'm blessed is an ultimate understatement. And so I will list in no specific order what I am most thankful for:
Melissa, Kelsey, Peter, Eli, Abby, Brian, Charlie, Rachel, Janet, B-Z, Bob, Joanne, Jim, Denise, Seattle University, Ruth, Shoreline H.S., Sunset Elementary, orthodontia, Jay Jacobs, my hands, Rita, Mrs. Bennett, imagination, Toby, Hank, Ken, Walt, books, Penny, Scott, Ernestine Garneau, my bike, "What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail," Glee, baseball, my legs, airplanes that transfer me to someplace warm, dental floss, self-discipline, the Archdiocese of Seattle, Shoreline School District, Seattle Genetics, feather pillows, lit candles, i-phones, Costco, Catholic Charities, tears, Target, coffee and my French press, summer, spring, love, baseball, my car, gin & tonic, cauliflower, my little house, a reason to feel hope & joy, clocks, memories, Lucky Charms cereal, prayer, my gray hair, sleep, salads, movies, cooking, my furnace, Linda, cheese and crackers, French toast, Randy, dancing, cheater glasses, college basketball, Jonathan, wine, my little office . . . oh, I could go on and on.  SO much grace and abundance - I'm a lucky girl.

Happy Thanksgiving . . . my prayer for you is that you always have something to say thank you to!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that.... wise and thoughtful as always. xo

    ReplyDelete

Site Manager